Flooding and standing water can cause property damage, injury, and even death. Hurricanes often cause extensive flooding, but our summer thundershowers can bring on these conditions as well.
View Florida Flood Insurance Updates
When you see flooding, practice these precautions:
- Avoid walking on low bridges when water is high.
- Do not drive, walk, or swim through flooded areas.
- Heed riptide and storm surge warnings.
- Keep in mind weather can change quickly.
- Take evacuations and warnings seriously.
Remember flood waters can be charged by downed power lines or contain other hazards like snakes. Do not wade through water unless instructed to by a first responder. Even 6 inches of quickly moving currents can knock an adult down - 12 inches can wash away a car.
Additional Information About Flooding