Per City Ordinance 2013-17, Golf Carts are now allowed in the City of St. Pete Beach on designated streets as an alternative mode of transportation.
What are the rules?
- All golf carts must be registered by the City of St. Pete Beach
- Operator must be the owner and possess a valid Driver License
- Operator must obey all rules of the road
- Operator Manual to be distributed with registration of vehicle.
What equipment do I need?
- Efficient brakes
- Reliable steering
- Safe tires
- Rearview mirror
- Red reflectorized warning devices (front/rear)
- If driven between the hours of sunset and sunrise, headlights, brake lights, turn signals, and a windshield are also required
How do I get a permit?
- Through the St. Pete Beach Community Development at: 155 Corey Avenue (727) 363-9214
- Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- $10.00 annual fee
- You will be issued a decal and Operator’s Manual
All rules and regulations are enforceable by Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office and City of St. Pete Beach Code Enforcement Officer.
City of St. Pete Beach Ordinance 2013-17 Pursuant to Chapter 316.212 F.S.; Defined by Section 320.01(22) F.S