Available at City Hall between 8:00am - 3:30pm
(Sec. 82-202(b), Code of Ordinances)
Permits are unavailable for Non-Residents of St. Pete Beach.
Residents who OWN their home only need to provide driver’s license and current automobile registration.
Residents who LEASE their home must provide proof of residency. The following documents are acceptable forms of proof:
- Current lease agreement;
- Voter Registration card;or
- Current utility bill for service address
DECALS: B, C and D permits are vehicle assigned and are non-transferrable. Neighborhood restrictions apply. Decals will NOT be issued without a vehicle registration. Residents are entitled to TWO permits per household:
B: $20. C and D: $5.00
B, C and D Hang Tags: Each household may obtain a maximum of 2 hang tags for up to 3 months each. Hang tags are not vehicle assigned. Registration is not necessary. Neighborhood restrictions apply. Hang tags are transferrable:
$3.00 per month
“A” Hang tags: Available only in Pass-a-Grille and address specific. Address restrictions apply (Sec.82-202(b) Exhibit B 2009-28). Not vehicle assigned and transferrable:
“E” hang tags: Available only in the Upham Beach/Beach Plaza/Sunset Way neighborhood. Not vehicle assigned and transferrable. Restrictions apply:
Party-Pack hang tags: Up to 20 for one day only, non-consecutive.$3.00 per pack.
See links to the right for more information. Prices are listed on the application.
The Community Development Department also issues stickers for operation of golf carts on designated City roads, pursuant to City Ordinance 2013-17
Please be advised that golf carts are NOT allowed on State roads - Map of State Roads
The City of St. Pete Beach is responsible for the annual registration of resident-owned golf carts. A decal will be issued to be displayed on each registered golf cart. This registration and decal must be current at all times the golf cart is operated on City streets.
Bring a completed application Golf Cart Permit Application and the following to City Hall between 8:00am - 3:30pm:
- Proof that the vehicle owner has a valid Driver’s License
- Signed owner affidavit of liability insurance coverage either as a rider on a homeowner’s policy or a separate vehicle policy.
- Signed owner affidavit that the vehicle has the following, operable equipment for dawn to dusk operation: efficient brakes, reliable steering, a horn, safe tires, a rearview mirror and red reflectorized warning devices in the front and rear. For vehicles to be used for dusk to dawn operation there must be the following operable equipment: headlights, brake lights, turn signals and a windshield.
- Owners of existing golf carts that are not equipped as described above shall be required to modify their golf carts prior to registration for operation on City streets.
- Payment of annual registration fee ($10.00 cash or check).
ContactsGeneral Parking Question/Comments
Director of Transporation & Parking
ParkingParking Permit Application (PDF)
Parking Permit Application (ONLINE)
Parking Permit Ordinance
Golf CartsGolf Cart Rules & Info
Golf Cart Restricted Roadway Map
Golf Cart Manual
Golf Cart Permit Application
Golf Cart Ordinance