In addition to a valid Driver’s License, with a current address, AND the Vehicle Registration which must both be present, Proof of Residency is also REQUIRED when issuing parking permits. We will now accept any of the following as satisfactory proof of residency:
- Voter Registration Card
Accepted forms of payment: Cash or Check (currently not accepting credit or debit cards)
See links to the right for more information. Prices are listed on the application.
The Community Development Department also issues stickers for operation of golf carts on designated City roads, pursuant to City Ordiance 2013-17
Please be advised that golf carts are NOT allowed on State roads - Map of State Roads
The City of St. Pete Beach is responsible for the annual registration of resident-owned golf carts. A decal will be issued to be displayed on each registered golf cart. This registration and decal must be current at all times the golf cart is operated on City streets.
Bring a completed application Golf Cart Permit Application and the following to City Hall between 8:00am - 3:30pm:
- Proof that the vehicle owner has a valid Driver’s License
- Signed owner affidavit of liability insurance coverage either as a rider on a homeowner’s policy or a separate vehicle policy.
- Signed owner affidavit that the vehicle has the following, operable equipment for dawn to dusk operation: efficient brakes, reliable steering, a horn, safe tires, a rearview mirror and red reflectorized warning devices in the front and rear. For vehicles to be used for dusk to dawn operation there must be the following operable equipment: headlights, brake lights, turn signals and a windshield.
- Owners of existing golf carts that are not equipped as described above shall be required to modify their golf carts prior to registration for operation on City streets.
- Payment of annual registration fee ($10.00 cash or check).
Contacts (Click on name to E-Mail)