The Building Division handles all matters relating to the city's adopted Building Codes, including the issuance of building permits, providing inspection services and ensuring compliance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency requirements for flood hazard mitigation.
The division works to achieve an excellent level of public service in timeliness, courtesy and quality. The links on the right side of this page provide access to answers for many frequently asked questions. Property files for all properties in the city are available via a public records request through the Office of the City Clerk.
Permit transactions can be done Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- A PDF is required along with hard copy plans at time of submittal.
- Permit applications will not be accepted without a PDF.
- Attention Contractors: A notarized signature from the owner of first commercial property is required on the application.
- Attention Contractors: A notarized signature or contract is required for all residential permits.
- All revisions must include the full set of plans.
- Slip sheets are not accepted.
When you are considering making property improvements or if you want information about construction activity in your neighborhood, you are encouraged to contact us for assistance in getting your project off to a good start or getting the information you need.
Our office is located on the first floor of City Hall at 155 Corey Avenue.
2018 Local Mitigation Strategy Annual Report (PDF - 19MB)